Support our Current Appeals
Qurbani You can’t perform Haj this year and you can’t even pray at your local mosque. We bring you the chance to compensate and bring a smile into the life of deprived families. Donate your Qurbani. We pass your Qurbani to identified needy families that are known to...
Zakat: “The aims (ZAKAT) is meant only for the poor and the needy and those who are in charge thereof, those whose hearts are to be reconciled, and to free those in bondage, and to help those burdened with debt, and for expenditure in the way of Allah and for the...
Sponsor an Orphan/Widow Impact the life of an orphan or a widow and their families, and change it forever. For only £30 a month, you can make a difference. Single orphan - £30 per month Two orphans in the same family - £50 per month Three orphans in the...
Floods - URGENT Flash floods in Sudan have devastated the country from border to border. Many have lost homes and crops, and continue to fight the increasing river levels. Vital infrastructure has been destroyed, threatening the water supply of up to 84,000 people....
As a result of our earlier project, the Medical Centre, mosque and a part of the local school is now powered through solar energy. Vaccines and antidotes for scorpion poison, which are often needed on a daily basis, can now be stored locally at the Medical Centre and...
Schistosomiasis (Bilharzia) is a water borne disease that affects the vast majority of children in rural areas. Its long term effects lead to deadly liver disease and kidney complications. Plan for Bilharzia There is a pressing need to improve the existing Medical...
Water for Villagers The villages are on an island but the nearest point from which locals can get drinking water is three kilometres away. The responsibility of bringing water falls on the school boys who use donkeys and four gallon containers. This is a daily trip...
Ambulance Services Elsulaimaniya area covers over thirty kilometres along the Nile. A considerable number of people are residing on the isolated islands within the area. Over the course of one week, at least two individuals will require emergency healthcare that is...
The Trust aims to:
- Help fight endemic diseases and improve community healthcare by providing the necessary facilities, specialists, medicines and increasing awareness.
- Help and support the education of children from deprived families by improving the existing education system.
- Provide urgent aid to those in poverty by responding to emergencies and natural disasters
- Provide support for the local community in events related to common flooding, the destruction of local housing and the associated spread of disease.
- Support and advocate women’s causes by securing women’s rights to access education, healthcare and other required services.
- We hope to achieve all of our objectives by working with local community organisations and other partner organisations – namely registered charities.
Illiteracy is widely spreading amongst the villagers of the River Nile state. Within the primary targeted area, a small fraction of children are completing their primary education. Infections and water born diseases are wide spreading. One survey among local school pupils revealed that 96% were infected by Schistosomiasis, a water borne parasitic condition that is known to cause terminal liver disease. Elsulaimaniya Trust was registered as a charity in Scotland in November 2009 (Registered Scottish Charity No: SC041063) in an effort to combat this.
The Trust’s policy is to provide its services by working with local community organisations. Primarily, we are partnered with the Abdulrahim Elyas Charitable Association for Development (ACAD). This is an organisation registered with the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs in Sudan. Their efforts started by initiating small agricultural schemes in the area. This lead to the establishment of the first primary school and medical treatment unit in 1969. More recently, they initiated small local development projects and training programs.
- To address the shortage of classrooms.
- Provision of seating for all pupils.
- Construction of necessary welfare facilities such as safe drinking water and sanitation.
- Provision of electricity and basic teaching aids such as books, blackboards and other tools.
- Promotion of health services to rural areas.
- Support and maintenance of the local Medical Centre including provision of sustainable energy sources to allow for safe storage of medicines.
- Provision of medication, equipment and technical support of the Medical Centre in the area.
- Provision of educational literature and Holy Quran.
- Carpeting of existing mosques.
- Distribution of Sadaqat al-fitr.
- Distribution of Adhahi. Adhahi is the practise where Muslims sacrifice a sheep at the time of the Haj, or pilgrimage to Mecca. This is the traditional practice where Muslims donate money to a family in need to aid them in purchasing their sheep.
- Collection and appropriate distribution of Zakat.